AMES - Ambur Muslim Educational Society  Logo
Ambur Muslim Educational Society Logo-2
 
History Of AMES Ambur Muslim Educational Society
SpacerAmbur Muslim Educational Society
AMEX -Women Education
line
line
separator
line
line
Practice
line
line
line
line
line
practice

Left Bottom

topbar

HASNATHE JARIA GIRLS’ SCHOOL - A brief Overview
Kandrikar Oosman Sahib
The Hasnath-e-Jaria Girls’ School, Ambur was founded by Janab K. Hajee Mohamed Oosman Sahib, in the year 1913 as an Arabic Institution for girls, at the instance of Ala Hazrath Moulana Shah Abdul Wahab Sahib, Founder and Principal of Bakhiyathus Salihath Arabic College, Vellore.  The institution was originally housed in an old residential building with some modifications and was known as “Madrasae Niswan”.
Janab K Haji Mohamed Oosman Sahib

The present school premises were opened on the 25th of Shawwal 1337 Hijri (1919 AD).  This was made possible by the support and contributions extended to us by our patrons :

  • A gift of a vast land by Mrs. K.Sheik Meeran Sahib at Vavoor Madar Sahib street.
  • The generous donation of Rs. 30,000/- by Janab K. Hajee Oosman Sahib, the founder, and other patrons namely Janab K. Abdul Rahman Sahib, Janab K Abdul Salam Sahib and Janab K. abdul Kareem Sahib alias Babu Sahib made the Hasnath-e-Jaria Primary School building come into existence.
  • A great service provided to the school by Janab Kuchikar Hajee Abdul Latheef Sahib as Secretary of the School and Hajee K Abdul Salam Sahib as Joint Secretary of the school.
  • At the end of the fourth year, an examination was held under the supervision of Bakhiath Moulvis.

The school, under its able leaders, made upon its good start.  The management as well as the staff began consolidating their standing.  The Muslim Educational Society, Ambur, took over the school under its control in the year 1946.  This further helped in the growth of the school.  Soon, in 1955, when the student strength was over 200, the educational department gave official recognition to the school, for standards 1 to 5.

The school was upgraded from an Elementary school to a Higher Elementary school, in the year 1961.  Urdu was the medium of instruction during 1961.  In subsequent years, classes VII and VIII were also opened, as well as recognition and grant-in-aid obtained.  There was encouraging strength in all these years.

The school was upgraded from an Elementary school to a Higher Elementary school, in the year 1961.  Urdu was the medium of instruction during 1961.  In subsequent years, classes VII and VIII were also opened, as well as recognition and grant-in-aid obtained.  There was encouraging strength in all these years.

The Beginning

With the success of the first school encouraging it, the AMES decided to start a Girl’s High School.  The school Hasnath-e-Jaria was started in 1964 with standards VI IX.  Urdu was the medium of instruction.  This was made possible due to the help and support of the Director of Public Instruction of Madras State, Sri R. Sundaravadivelu by granting recognition for the School.  The Hasnath-e-Jaria Girls High School came up in the same building at Ambur Vavoor Madarsa Street.

Janab Humanyun Kabir, the then Hon’ble Minister for petroleum and chemicals of the Government of India inaugurated the new school on 8th July 1964, at 9.30 am.  The event was presided over by SMA Majeed Sahib, Minister for Local Administration and Justice Basheer Ahmed Sayeed Sahib.

Madam Khamrunnisa, till then the Headmistress at Government Hobart Girls High School, Madras, was appointed as Headmistress of the school.  Initially, the school found it difficult to get suitably qualified lady teachers in the Secondary and B.T. categories.  Trained teachers from Madras and Bangalore were approached for appointment.  Still, the school management had to be satisfied with untrained staff for a while, as it too a long time of 2 to 3 years to get their salaries assessed by the Department.  Trained teachers conversant in Urdu were difficult to come by, as even the Madras Employment Exchange was not able to help.  Mrs. S. Abidunnisa Begum was appointed as Headmistress of the School in 1967 and continued for a long period 32 years and retired in 1999.

Growing Strong

Though the student strength was thin in the beginning, slowly it increasd.  Carts and vans were arranged to bring Gosha observing girls with Nakib escort from all parts of Ambur.  The parents, students and staff showed extraordinary interest in the school and its events.  They took active interest in organizing programmes for the Independence Day,  Republic Day, Annual Day, Meeladun Nabi, etc.

In 1972, the high school was shifted to Jalal Road, near the Chowk Mosque, while the primary school classes were kept at the same old premises at Vavoor Madarsa Street.

The year 1978 saw all schools of Tamil Nadu being upgraded to the Higher Secondary system, with the 5+5+2 pattern (Elementary + Higher + Higher Secondary) of education.   The Hasnath-e-Jaria school management too thought it wise to make use of this opportunity and upgraded it as a Higher Secondary School syllabus, with two groups : a Science group and a Vocational group of Dress Designing and Making with Home Science as related subject.

The Dress Designing and Making group was a big attraction for the girls – it was useful in the house, and provided a livelihood.  Trained teachers too were easier to get.  Even today this group has the highest total I the Higher Secondary Section.  A sizeable number of middle class girls of this school also became Secondary Grade teachers and were appointed in schools nearby.  This was also one of the reasons for the increase in the strength of the school.

To cater to the need of the middle class intelligent girls who couldn’t afford to pay tuition fees in the Matriculation Schools, an English medium section in Sixth Standard was started by the Society in 1999-2000.  there was a great demand for the English medium sections.  This led to adding more English medium sections every year.  This also translated into very good results in the SSLC and +2 Public examinations every year.

With the student intake increasing every year, the school management decided to construct additional blocks; thus came into existence the first floor of the old building.  The school started to grow now with added streams of education.  With the growing demand of computer Education, management introduced an additional group with Maths, Science & Computer Science as subjects and a Commerce group with History, Economics, Accountancy in 1992-2000. Increasingly, students preferred these four groups.  This was doubly  beneficial, for the results in the groups were very good.  A pure science group combined with Home Science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Home Science) was also started in the year 2005-06.

As the strength has been increasing year by year, the need of additional class rooms was felt by the management and immediate arrangements were made.  Janab N. Mohammed Zackriah Sahib, the President of the School constructed a two storied block, in memory of his beloved wife, NMZ Safiyama”.  This new block accommodates six classes.  Another building, a three storied block with twelve class rooms including a modern computer Lab, came up with the joint efforts of the management and the public contributions.

With sustained efforts at developing the school, as well as the quality of education offered showed results.  In 1996, the school strength was 842 girls.  This increased to 1876 students in 2006 – a 123% increase – and a remarkable achievement of the Ambur Muslim Educational Society.  Overall, the student strength has increased 16 times in the 42 years of operation.

Our predecessors, who sacrificed their personal wealth and comfort to ensure quality education for the community has inspired us too.  We will surely continue to develop the Hasnath-e-Jaria school for the benefit of the students and the community.

History Of Hasnath-e-Jaria AMES Academy For Women
Institutions of AMES More
line
line
line
line
line
line
practice-R
line
line
line
line
line
practiceR

 

RightBottom
Home
All Rights Reserved © Designed & Developed by : Shaadmaani Networks - AmburNet.Com