AMES - Ambur Muslim Educational Society  Logo
Ambur Muslim Educational Society Logo-2
 
History Of AMES Ambur Muslim Educational Society
SpacerAmbur Muslim Educational Society
AMEX -Women Education
line
line
separator
line
line
Practice
line
line
line
line
line
practice

Left Bottom

topbar

IMPROVEMENT OF THE SCHOOL

A new executive committee was formed.  The application for a building grant was submitted to the Government and a deputation waited on Sir Thomas Austin, who was then adviser to the Governor.   He was very sympathetic and assured the necessary governmental support.  In January 1946 the Government lent the services of Janab Syed Abdul Hamid sahib as Headmaster and he took keen interest in putting the school on sound footing.  The pay scale of the teachers was brought up to the level of the District Board schools and Dearness allowance introduced.  Its strength and efficiency improved.  In September 1946 the Committee purchased Bangi Building.

SANCTION OF GOVERNMENT BUILDING GRANT

The Government sanctioned a building grant of Rs. 75,400 – this being one of the first  grant after the end of the war.  The Secretary Janab K. Hajee Abdul Salam sahib, after returning from Makkah, passed away on 26 February 1947.  He had planned various schemes for furtherance of the school activities.  His loss was deeply felt.  The period covered by his Secretaryship was an important one.  His deep affection for the institution and his burning desire to make it a great citadel of learning were never dampened by adversity or change.  Hi record of long services and sacrifices was unique.  It is in his period and by his efforts and with the co-operation of the prominent citizens that the school attained its full status.  In April 1947 Janab K Abdul Latheef sahib was elected as Secretary.  The foundation stone of the new school building was laid on 29 July 1947 by the venerable President of the Society, Janab Maddekar Moulvi Mohammed Cassim sahib and the construction of the building was commenced.

However, in 1950 the construction work of the new school building came to a standstill for lack of funds.  A Building Committee consisting of Jalal Mohamed Ibrahim sahib, Kaka Mohamed Ismail sahib, A. Abdul Shukoor sahib, Mecca Abdul Majeed sahib, M.R. Abdul Wahid sahib, K. Abdul Latheef sahib, A. Abdul Jabbar sahib, V.A Rahman sahib and T. Abdul Wahid sahib was constituted under the Chairmanship of Janab Alhaj P. Abdul Khayoum sahib.  These dedicated and selfless workers gave a new orientation and fillip to the collection drive to the building fund.  Well-wishers of the institution spontaneously came forward and offered donations beyond their financial status.  This big, beautiful and grand school building was the result of their best endeavour.

In July 1952 Janab K. Abdul Latheef sahib resigned the General Secretaryship and he was succeeded by one of the Assistant Secretaries Janab A.A. Ravoof sahib, Editor, Deccan Times, Madras.

The school worked satisfactorily during the period of 1952-54d in spite of many financial difficulties and inspecting authorities were pleased with its work.

On 2 January 1955 new office bearers were elected.  Janab Maddekar Moulvi Haji Mohammed Cassim sahib was re-elected as President and Janab Peshimam Haji Abdul Khayoum was elected as the General Secretary.

The Muslim Community continued to be generous in extending its wholehearted support for the developmental efforts of the society.

to Period of Crisis Period Of Crisis
Golden Jubilee of MUHS More
line
line
line
line
line
line
practice-R
line
line
line
line
line
practiceR

 

RightBottom
Home
All Rights Reserved © Designed & Developed by : Shaadmaani Networks - AmburNet.Com