AMES - Ambur Muslim Educational Society  Logo
Ambur Muslim Educational Society Logo-2
 
History Of AMES Ambur Muslim Educational Society
SpacerAmbur Muslim Educational Society
AMEX -Women Education
line
line
separator
line
line
Practice
line
line
line
line
line
practice

Left Bottom

topbar

MUNIFICENCE OF JANAB NAWAB C ABDUL HAKEEM SAHIB

Late Nawab C. Abdul Hakeem sahib, Melvisharam was a leading business magnate, a great philanthropist and a strong nationalist.  He was the Founder President of The Melvisharam Muslim Educational Society (MMES) established in the year 1918.  He was a great champion of education and public cause.  It is because of his timely help that many educational institutions are on sound footings now.  He used to help generously for these purposes without any communal and local bias.  He was a legendary figure in philanthropy and his munificence has very few parallels. The Hindu School, Ambur also received his generous financial help for building when it was to be started.

When the Management   approached him, he came forward and wholly helped it in constructing a building at a cost of Rs. 35,000 for the benefit of the Society.  It was named as “C Market” in his memory. It was indeed a very great help rendered by that great generous soul and it was appreciated with all gratitude by all.

C Market Ambur

The District Educational Officer, Vellore aptly remarked on the new development as follows :

“The Management is fairly active towards the development of the school and construction of a building whose rental value might be a secure income.  There is no doubt that the promoters of the school want to remove the stigma of backwardness of the community by providing proper educational facilities for the younger generation”.

A house near the school was purchased and pulled down for providing additional open space and also two more shops were purchased.  With the completion of two additional blocks and purchase of new furniture the accommodation question was solved satisfactorily.  In March 1929 the first batch of boys appeared for the S.S.L.C. examination and 2 out of 5 were declared eligible for college studies.  It is during this year that the construction of the “C Market” was completed and it stands as a great edifice in the heart of Ambur and is a source of inspiration and a lasting memorial to the great philanthropist Nawab C. Abdul Hakeem sahib.  The market building was declared open by the then Chief Minister Honourable Dr. P. Subbaroyan on 31 March 1929.  The donor was kind enough to be present on the occasion at our request along with many  other important persons.

PS RajaGopala Iyer More
line
line
line
line
line
line
practice-R
line
line
line
line
line
practiceR

 

RightBottom
Home
All Rights Reserved © Designed & Developed by : Shaadmaani Networks - AmburNet.Com